Recruitment agent

Recruitment Agency Business Insurance

Get a customised quote online in minutes.

Or speak to us for advice and recommendations customised to your business needs. Call

Business insurance for recruitment professionals

Working in the recruitment industry means you need to meet and liaise with potential job candidates and employers. While you’ll try to be professional at all times, there’s always the risk of something going wrong.

Mistakes can easily occur, and you could be left open to being pursued for compensation by clients if they feel you’re responsible. Therefore, it’s a wise decision to consider a business insurance package for your recruitment consultancy business.

With insurance for recruitment professionals you can protect yourself from claims made against your business. Whether it’s professional indemnity insurance for recruitment consultants or employers' liability insurance, we can design a policy that meets your business needs.

Speak with us today to work out the right policy that suits your business needs as a small business or self-employed professional in the recruitment industry.

What can business insurance for recruitment consultants cover?

Frequently Asked Questions

What type of insurance does a recruitment agency need?

Recruitment is a complex industry and everything you do is scrutinised by employers and job candidates alike. In order for your recruitment business to feel confident and succeed in the industry, you should consider adequate protection. Think about customising a business insurance policy for your recruitment agency that fits your business needs.

Business insurance for recruitment agencies can include the following:

  • Public and product liability insurance: Protects your business from claims of injury or property damage made by the public as a result of your business operations or products you provide or sell; for example, if a client were to fall and injure themselves on your business premises.

  • Professional indemnity insurance: Provides cover that can assist with compensation claims if a client claims they’ve been financially disadvantaged by the advice you’ve given them.

  • Employers’ liability insurance: Provides cover against claims if an employee is injured in the course of working with you.

  • Contents insurance: Helps cover you for repair or replacement costs if your business contents and equipment go missing are accidentally damaged or stolen.

Do recruitment agencies need public liability insurance?

As a recruitment agent, you’ll often be dealing with members of the public as part of your job. As such, the risk of someone being injured or their property being damaged while on site increases. As such, it’s important to consider having public liability cover as part of your recruitment agency business insurance policy. .

With public and product liability cover, you can make sure you are covered should an incident happen to a member of the public in the course of your business activities or as a result of a product you provide or sell.

Do recruitment agencies need professional indemnity insurance?

One of the most important insurance covers for any business that offers professional services to clients is professional indemnity. If a client feels that you’ve mishandled sensitive information or that you’ve given them unsuitable advice, they can make a claim against you.

Including professional indemnity insurance in your business insurance policy can help protect your business from resulting legal action. That'll help make sure you’re not left out of pocket trying to cover legal fees and compensation.

Do recruitment agencies need employers’ liability insurance?

If your recruitment agency has people working for you, including contractors and temporary staff, then you’re usually legally required to have employers’ liability insurance cover. This insurance can cover you should one of your employees become injured or fall seriously ill as a result of working for you.

It’s worth considering employers’ liability insurance to cover your employees whether they be clerical, manual, trainees or apprentices. Be aware that if you have employees it’s a legal requirement for most UK businesses. If you don’t have adequate employers’ liability insurance cover you could be fined £2,500 per day until you do.

Do recruitment agencies need contents insurance?

Equipment you use as part of your work, business contents insurance can help cover you should the worst happen to them. As a recruitment agency, you’ll most likely have valuable electronic equipment such as laptops, mobile phones, printers and so on.

If your equipment was damaged or stolen, you could be left out of pocket trying to repair or replace items. With a business contents insurance policy in place this can help cover the cost of repairs or replacements should your equipment be lost, accidentally damaged or stolen.

Why Aon?

+ 0

Years of experience and stability

Landings / Color / Time

Buy online in minutes

+ 0

UK businesses trust in us

Do you need customised business insurance for your company?

Or speak to us for advice and recommendations customised to your business needs.