Business contents

Business Contents Insurance

Get a customised quote online in minutes.

Or speak to us for advice and recommendations customised to your business needs. Call

Business contents insurance for small businesses

If you’re a business owner, then you’ll know how crucial your equipment is for running your business. If your equipment was to go missing or become damaged, you might not be able to afford to replace it. You may also lose out on revenue if you’re not able to operate while your equipment is out of action.

Applying for business contents insurance can help to ensure equipment you use for your business is covered should an incident occur. The type of equipment your business contents insurance will cover you for will depend on the type of work you do and the type of equipment you rely on.

Aon can arrange business contents insurance as part of a business insurance policy, this cover can be added to your business insurance policy alongside other cover such as public and products liability cover.

Whether you’re a tradesperson, a beautician or a marketing consultant, business contents insurance can help to ensure you’re covered in the event of damage, theft, or accidental loss. Business contents insurance covers technology such as laptops, printers and mobile phones that are vital for doing business.

Business contents insurance is also designed for protecting office contents. Office contents insurance will give protection for your office equipment such as laptops, computers and phones in case of fire, theft, water damage or loss. It can also provide cover for office equipment away from the office. Speak with us today to find out more about business contents cover.

What Does Business Contents Insurance Cover?


Business contents

Business contents cover can help to cover equipment used for work, such as mobile phones, laptops, and other items.


Office equipment

Office equipment insurance can help to protect equipment in the office including your employees’ business and office equipment.

Read our reviews

Don't just take our word for it. Read reviews from real customers below.

Frequently Asked Questions about Business Contents Insurance

What kind of insurance do I need for my business contents?

Business contents insurance is designed to cover equipment used for work purposes. This can include items such as laptops, mobile phones and tablets. If you’re a photographer, business contents insurance can help protect your cameras and tripods. Finally, electronic equipment such as mobile phones and laptops that are important for conducting business will be covered too.

How much does business contents insurance cost?

The amount you will need to pay for your business contents insurance depends on a number of factors:

Firstly, it depends on the amount of equipment you will need to cover as part of your work.

Secondly, you’ll need to work out the overall value of your equipment. The more valuable your equipment, the higher your premiums are likely to be.

Are business contents covered under homeowners insurance?

Even if you keep your equipment at home and run a home business, your business equipment is unlikely to be covered by homeowners insurance. Homeowners insurance generally only covers equipment that is for personal use.

The moment you use your equipment for paid work, it’s usually no longer covered by homeowners insurance. You should speak to your insurance provider to check what is covered under your policy.

Even if you are working from home, you need the right equipment insurance to cover your work equipment. Remember, insurance is your defence against losing financially as well as productivity and reputation. Speak with us today about covering equipment you use as part of your business activities.

Do you need customised business insurance for your company?

Or speak to us for advice and recommendations customised to your business needs.